Hey there, this site is pretty old now. I've decided to leave it up as I put a lot of work into it and would hate to see it disappear.

Message Board Thread

( View Message Board )   ( Statistics )    
Name
Last: 5/31/2007
Tough Spots
10/18/2006 7:06:23 PM

Hey Neal, Mom called me today about some stuff and she mentioned that things are kinda tough for you. You're doing so good at school, even if it is a hard semester. I was put on academic probation for a semeseter because I went below a 2.0 so don't feel too bad. Easier said than done, I know. Sounds like they are messing with you about the internship thing. They should be happy that you got the one at Thrivent so that maybe you'll have a good chance of working there full time someday. Schools usually push hard for their students to get hired so they can have a high graduation/job placement rate. It might not help much but mom always tells me that things will happen the way they happen and they will turn out how they are supposed to. "The Lord is my sheppard" stuff if you're down with that. Call me if you want to talk or even vent. I can call you right back so you don't have to pay for it.

Neal Grosskopf
Last: 7/8/2010
Re: Tough Spots
10/18/2006 7:18:13 PM

Well my grades were slightly better than I expected, no D's ...yet. I just want to graduate so I can leave this boring school. I already have two jobs in my field so I feel like I'm half way graduated already. With the internship thing, basically my advisor is new at our school and isn't a great deal of help because of it.

Kate Gr
Last: 5/31/2007
10/18/2006 7:25:50 PM

Maybe since your advisor is new they were mistaken about the internship thing or maybe you'll be able to find a way around it. I feel the same way about just wanting to be done. So many other things depend on finishing school and it is just a big hoop to jump through. You just have to do what they want so you can get the dumb grade. Keep your chin up.

3/29/2024 4:02:21 AM

Type Below & Preview Your Post Here
<< Back | Top

Reply To This Post
B U I Link Font Color Edit Preview ?